What is and what is used for
The sensor measures the water flow velocity rate and the hydrometric level of the instrumented section. During installation, the sensor is provided with a bathymetric model of the instrumented section, so that the value of the hydrometric level measured corresponds with wet section data at all times. The flow rate data are automatically calculated by multiplying the velocity data with those of the wet area.
The ETG contactless flow rate measuring device is a sensor able to directly measure the flow rate data of rivers and canals. The sensor integrates a Doppler effect velocity measuring device and a hydrometric level measuring device inside of it. Since it has a smart internal unit it reliable obtains the flow rate data in real time from the two parameters just listed.
- Maintenance-free: since it is not submerged in the water body, the sensor does not require any particular cleaning or risks being struck by floating materials.
- Simple installation: the ETG flow rate sensor easily adapts to any installation situation using specially studied supports and braces.
- Solar panel powered: in view of the low consumption of the sensor, it can be powered by solar panels.
- High reliability: the sensor is equipped with advanced self-diagnostic systems and is also able to signal the presence of plant invasion in the instrumented section; this feature is essential and very useful for promptly starting the river bed cleaning activity.
- Components that can be added or be built into the product: none.